Intravenous (IV) treatments are generally used by medical professionals who need to administer life-saving drugs, blood, and other critical fluids to patients. But in recent years, they have also become popular among wellness enthusiasts.
In this context, IV treatments are used to administer nutrients directly into your bloodstream. Combined with their hydrating properties, these therapies have become popular among patients with different backgrounds, including several A-list celebrities.
One of the more well-known therapies in this category is the NAD+ infusion treatment. It has been hailed for its anti-aging properties and ability to improve cognitive function. Let’s take a closer look at this wonder therapy.
What Is NAD+?
Short for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, NAD+ is a coenzyme that is produced naturally in our body. Among other functions, it impacts the body’s metabolic process, protects and repairs DNA, and allows our body to convert food into energy.
At the same time, it controls the gene that accelerates aging.
As we get older, however, our body naturally produces less NAD+. Other lifestyle-related factors—such as excessive alcohol use, stress, and poor diets—also impact NAD+ levels, making our bodies more prone to age-related illnesses.
Benefits of NAD+ Therapy
With IV therapy, an NAD+ infusion is delivered straight into the body’s bloodstream. While a number of oral supplements claim to offer the same benefits, IV treatments are said to be the best way to ensure that our bodies properly absorb the coenzyme.
Here are some of the benefits it offers:
- Better cognitive function: Patients who undergo the treatment report less brain fog. Studies also show that higher NAD+ levels can counter neurodegenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Anti-aging properties: NAD+ activates enzymes that promote healthy aging. It can also counter the production of free radicals that are known to accelerate the aging process.
- Improved weight loss: The impact NAD+ has on our metabolic function enables it to aid in weight loss as well as boost general energy levels.
- Reduces inflammation: Chronic stress and repeated infections are known to increase inflammation in our bodies. Increased NAD+ levels, on the other hand, have the ability to repair DNA damage, thus reducing inflammation.
- Stress relief: NAD+ has also been known to boost the function of neurotransmitters which not only improves our moods but combats symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Who Is the Treatment For?
NAD+ treatments have been known to benefit anyone who struggles with regular sluggishness, brain fog, or high stress levels.
It is also recommended for athletes who struggle to maintain consistent energy levels and need to boost recovery times after an illness.
The treatment’s anti-aging properties are also useful for anyone who is at risk of developing age-related illnesses or chronic conditions, as well as those who suffer from anxiety, depression, or memory and concentration issues. Some research has suggested that NAD+ may even be beneficial for anyone suffering from addiction withdrawals.
But at the end of the day, the low risks associated with this treatment make it perfectly safe for those who don’t fit any of these criteria.
Reverse the Aging Process With Pro Health Clinic
If these benefits seem tempting to you, and you live in and around Memphis, Tennessee, we recommend booking an appointment with Pro Health Clinic today.
Since 2016, our team has specialized in IV therapy and various weight-loss treatments. Our NAD+ infusions are delivered by expert professionals who have immense knowledge of traditional and innovative wellness options. If you can’t book an appointment in advance, don’t worry, we accept walk-in visits as well!